PP4S Home Page
Welcome to the PP4S Website!
The aim of the website is to provide valuable, but free, resources to help promote Pascal programming in schools by sharing ideas, knowledge and experience. We welcome contributions and feedback on the site. Please let us know what you think.
- follow the instructions on Getting Started with Lazarus or our section on Getting Started with Delphi;
- start to work through the first few tutorials in the order shown in the left panel of the tutorial contents page;
- look at the student programs, starting with the more straightforward ones at the beginning of the table and also the first few using the Crt unit.
New! We are delighted to present an audiovisual game inspired by George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. It is a collaboration with the Smart Pascal programming by Dom and pixel art by Luke, a new contributor. Play the game to bring back memories of the book.
We extended the Challenges section with categorised links and introductory material to the highly instructive DelphiForFun website, which provides detailed descriptions of a wide range of problems and thoroughly explained Delphi solutions.
Site Statistics May 2017
The site contains among its twelve hundred pages:
- Nearly 400 pages of tutorial material for Pascal, around 100 each for Smart Pascal (using the Smart Mobile Studio IDE) and Oxygene for Java;
- About 100 student programs spread over roughly 300 pages;
- More than 100 on-line Smart Pascal programs;
- Nearly 100 pages of resources such as the Getting Started series;
- About 30 pages of challenges such as suggestions for programs, programs to complete and programs to debug;
- A Pascal general index with nearly 400 terms linked to relevant pages
- A Pascal index of routines with links to examples of the use of nearly 400 procedures/functions;
- An Oxygene for Java general index with about 150 terms linked to relevant pages;
- An Oxygene for Java routine index with links to examples of the use of nearly 200 methods;
- A Smart Pascal general index with around 300 terms linked to relevant pages
- A Smart Pascal routine index with links to examples of the use of nearly 200 procedures/functions.
On May 7, the top ten user countries and their percentages of visits over the previous 30 days were reported by Google Analytics to be: United Kingdom (11.71%), United States (10.32%), Germany (6.91%), Brazil (5.32%), Russia (4.02%), Indonesia (3.58%), India (3.25%), Australia (2.72%) Italy (2.34%) and France (2.25%). During the same period the ten most frequently visited tutorial/resource pages were reported to be:
- C# Firebird Demonstration (.Net)
- Writing your First Pascal Program using Lazarus
- Delphi Canvas Demonstration
- Let's build a compiler!
- Drawing on a PaintBox
- Using a DBGrid in Delphi
- Using a DBGrid in Lazarus
- Python to Pascal
- Using a String Grid
- Displaying Data in a Chart
The top ten most viewed pages of student programs were reported to be: