PP4S Home Page
Welcome to the PP4S Website!
The aim of the website is to provide valuable, but free, resources to help promote Pascal programming in schools by sharing ideas, knowledge and experience. We welcome contributions and feedback on the site. Please let us know what you think.
- follow the instructions on Getting Started with Lazarus or our section on Getting Started with Delphi;
- start to work through the first few tutorials in the order shown in the left panel of the tutorial contents page;
- look at the student programs, starting with the more straightforward ones at the beginning of the table and also the first few using the Crt unit.
New! We are in the process of finding out and reporting any changes necessary to enable our Smart Pascal examples to compile with Version 3 of Smart Mobile Studio. We have added the new demonstrations Using a TW3Image to Display Photographs and Using Two Shader Programs.
Site Statistics October 2019
The site contains among its twelve hundred pages:
- Nearly 400 pages of tutorial material for Pascal, around 100 each for Smart Pascal (using the Smart Mobile Studio IDE) and Oxygene for Java;
- About 100 student programs spread over roughly 300 pages;
- More than 100 on-line Smart Pascal programs;
- Nearly 100 pages of resources such as the Getting Started series;
- About 30 pages of challenges such as suggestions for programs, programs to complete and programs to debug;
- A Pascal general index with nearly 400 terms linked to relevant pages
- A Pascal index of routines with links to examples of the use of nearly 400 procedures/functions;
- An Oxygene for Java general index with about 150 terms linked to relevant pages;
- An Oxygene for Java routine index with links to examples of the use of nearly 200 methods;
- A Smart Pascal general index with around 300 terms linked to relevant pages
- A Smart Pascal routine index with links to examples of the use of nearly 200 procedures/functions.
On October 19, the top ten user countries and their percentages of visits over the previous week were reported by Google Analytics to be: Russia (9.26%), United States (8.17%), United Kingdom (6.17%), Germany (5.44%), Italy (4.72%), India (4.36%), Brazil (3.63%), South Africa(3.45%), France (2.72%) and Spain(2.54%).